Monday 17 February 2020

Whakatōmene - To Explore and Discover



Our school theme for the year is Whakatōmene - which means to "explore and discover".

We started off with a visit from Mrs Johns' car club - which got us talking about the past. Then we had a go at placing some famous historical events on a timeline for a class display (first we had to discuss what a timeline was). 

Come into Room 19 to see where we placed events such as: dinosaurs on Earth, the moon landing, electric cars, and Sir Edmund Hillary climbing Everest.



1 comment:

  1. Kia Ora, My name is Ariella-brooke and I am in Rm 6(your buddy class) at Owairaka District School. I remember when I went here. I really Enjoyed learning about the olden day cars and what they were like. I questioned a few people and and also got to learn a little history behind it.

    Thanks for sharing your learning
    You should come check out our class blog

    Blog ya later
    Ariella-brooke

    ReplyDelete