Wednesday 6 September 2017

Kahawai



A School Journal story - set in the post apocalyptic future, after all the computers have crashed and life is hard, a grandmother and her mokopuna row a dinghy out to salvage materials they can sell. They catch a live kahawai which is both a great surprise and of real value. They decide to put it back.

Tuatara reading group had to write a 'diary entry' about what they would do in this problematic environment. Here are some of their efforts...



Today I will go into that polluted ocean and pick up all of the rubbish in it. Today I will also go into the ocean and try to start breeding new fish in the ocean.
In the afternoon I will go onto the land and ask some people to plant trees on the land with me.
We would try to get rid of some of the flooding water.
I would ask some people to help me make some containers and we would have a massive clean up.
We would try to make some new cars.
It would be hard but our team will try.

By Bruno
______________________________________________________________
This morning I woke up in a shed, because I live in one.
I went out for breakfast, I had mudcakes and they were yum!
Then, I went to clean the ocean with Olly. Olly will help me put the rubbish from the sea in the bin. I really want to go out on a boat and put more fish in the sea.
Next, I went to go and plant some more trees with Bruno.
By Jake
_______________________________________________________________

I woke up and rushed down the stairs and and made myself a small breakfast of mud fritters.I  was super excited, today i was going to try clean up the place. I planted more trees and picked up lots of rubbish and fish junk out of the water. At the end of the day I felt great.  if everyone did the same, the country would get cleaned up in no time.

By Keane
_______________________________________________________________
Apocalyptic Auckland                            
I find myself in apocaliptic Auckland. I would hate to live (blabbering) no animals. I’d make a society to clean rubbish , dig for seeds and save fish. I would search and search for clean water, stone forts for homes. I wish i had an ipad . I really hate dead leaves for breakfast. Whew it's hot, especially my hand (fire noise’s)  ahhhhhh my hand is on fire!!!!
By Arlo
_______________________________________________________________
I live in an old old shed. it’s rusty. it has holes in it . I t was hot when i got up to go outside. I’m sweating a lot!!! i live on mt eden island . I need a boat to go anywhere. for breakfast i had mud i didn’t like it but it’s better than nothing . Later on, I went Through the Forest, i had a lot of fun. I picked up rubbish with Keane from the sea. It smells. I Was tired. tomorrow i will do the same routine.
By Theoden
_______________________________________________________________
I am kid in the future Auckland. Every day I breed fish to make more fish. At about 10.00am I go out to sea and pick up rubbish so the baby fish don’t die.In the afternoon I go back to land and I dig for seeds to plant a forest to make the animals come back. Then I go back home and eat noodles for dinner. Well, they were noodles, now they are fried worms!
By Oliver
______________________________________________________________

1 comment:

  1. Thank you Mr Lyons for posting our writing up on the blog

    from Jake

    ReplyDelete